- Coaching Staff are University graduates in addition to their hockey careers that include all levels of playing including professional, OHL, CIS and CJHL.
- Strong relationship with local secondary institutions
- local post secondary opportunities at College and Universty level
- Daily practices at optimal times for the Student - Athlete
- NHL size ice surface 200 x 85
- Full time General Manager and Coach with over 500 wins and international experience with Team Canada Selects and Team Canada East, participant in Hockey Canada High Performance Program.
- Fulll time Athletic Therapist on Staff ; Chirppratic, Dentist and Team Doctors available
- One piece sticks and equipment provided
- The true Junior A experience with public appearances, community involvement and significant profile within the County of Prince Edward
- Fully equipped team bus with professional exterior design
- New state of the art facility with over 2000 square feet designated for our dressing room, therapist room, cold tubs, work out area, trainers room and offices
- Over 100 players moved on to NCAA, OHL, CIS, QMJHL, and several NHL draft picks over the past 12 years under the current Management and Coaching Staff.
A big part of the Wellington Dukes Hockey Club is our Billeting Program. Players from out of town are placed with Families in our community. All of our players who require billeting will be placed with families who have the players best interest at heart. Below is informaion regarding our Billeting Program, if you have any questions, please contact General Manager and Head Coach Marty Abrams at 613 399 2292.
EXPECTATIONS OF BILLETS
The Wellington Dukes Hockey Club has certain and important expectations of the billet, some of which are as follows :
1) Treat the player as one of the family.
2) Ensure the player abides by the set rules of the home.
3) Ensure the player is properly fed.
4) Ensure the player has proper sleeping accommodations.
- If there is a problem with the player that needs to be addressed, the billet is required let Marty Abrams know about the issue so it may be dealt with immediately and effectively. All communications on such issues should be directed to GM/Coach Marty Abrams.
- To make sure the player is given the same responsibilities around the home that any teenager would be expected to have.
- Abide by and support team rules and let GM/Coach Marty Abrams know If any team rules are broken.
EXPECTATIONS OF PLAYERS TO BILLETS
Players also have important expectations they are required to fulfill towards their billets, some of which are as follows:
1) Players will abide by all house rules that they reside in.
2)Players are expected to ensure their billets know at all times where they are, what time they are returning, and if possible, a telephone number where they can be reached.
3) The curfew time is 10:00 pm unless otherwise specified . On a road trip, players must return to their billets no later than 30 minutes following the teams return to the rink. Players are not to have any visitors in the billet home after curfew.
4) Players are expected to treat all members of the household with respect and courtesy at all times.
5) Players must give their billets their full school schedules.
6) If a billet is away from the home, the player must ask the billet’s permission if they want to have someone in the house while the billet is away, this must be approved by the hockey club too.
7) Players are expected to help around the house as long as the request is reasonable.
8) All players are to have a personal calling card or cell phone so long distance phone calls do not create a problem.
9) Players will realize that the Coaching Staff will not look kindly at players who create problems for their billets.
10) Players leaving the town of Wellington must inform their billet prior to departure and receive approval from the General Manager/Coach.
11) Players are to notify their billets if they are to miss a meal so the billet can make alternate plans.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE HOCKEY CLUB TO THE BILLETS WITH RESPECT TO THE PLAYERS
- We are a working partnership with the billet, the school, the team, and the player’s parents. This ensures the player will be taken care of the same way as he would at home and at school.
- No problem is too small for the billet to share with the club. Sleep and proper eating habits are very important for a player to be a success in all aspects of life. It is necessary that we stress this a great deal for the benefit of the player.
- The Coaching Staff and Executive are there to support the billets and players in any way they can. Personal appointments can be arranged with the Head Coach/General Manager.
- If there is a major problem or concern, it is your responsibility to make contact with the Head Coach/General Manager Marty Abrams to arrange a meeting.
DAY TO DAY HOCKEY OPERATIONS
The Wellington Dukes provide daily ice time for practices between 4pm-6pm. Players are also provided with a unlimited membership to the Rec Plex Fitness Centre. Players are provided with both In Season and Off Season workout programs that they are expected to follow. The Dukes also have a Certified Personal Trainer that will work directly with the player to develop a program designed to meet the players individual needs.
Players are also provided with sticks and equipment. All players are provided with a Pass to all home games of the OHL's Belleville Bulls.
The Wellington Dukes have Educational Consultants at Prince Edward Collegiate Secondary School and Loyalist College to meet the players Secondary School and Post Secondary Educational needs. Several of the Dukes are enrolled in University courses on line, which provides flexability to the Student-Athlete. Educational Consultants appointments are arranged by the team for Recruits in August to insure a smooth transition in September. Both Coach Abrams and Assistant Coach Reid have completed their University degrees and realize the important of Education to the Student-Athlete.